Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Mighty Avenger...I Mean, the Mighty Wizard is Back

It's been an EXTREMELY long time since I've been here. Let's see, since April 10, 2014! But it's good to be back!


I know you guys have been wondering where I was the past year or so, whether if it is the wizardsphere or blogosphere. 

"Have you been living under a rock, Mr. Talon?"


No, I'm just extremely busy... and I did lose interest in this game a year or two ago. Not only did I find other games to play with, such as League of Legends, Smite, and Vindictus, but school occupied and still occupies a lot of my time to this day. 

However, I did develop some new interests. I found a new love for superheroes. Ever since the movies blockbusters Avengers: Assemble and Thor: The Dark World came out, I was immediately hooked onto their themes and heroes, music and action. My favorite superhero of all time is Thor, the Mighty Avenger, the Asgardaian God of Thunder. Biggest Thor fan right here. (Anyone catch the Avengers: Age of Ultron Red Carpet Live Premiere and hyped for the movie?) If you don't know what he looks like here's a picture of him. 


So it hit me. 

By gathering all the wizard and clothing knowledge I knew, I swiftly made my wizard become the Mighty Thor. How could I not do this? It was the best of both worlds; superheroes and wizards coming together. It all started when I was just browsing my backpack in the robe section when I found a robe that closely resembled that of Thor's outfit. The armor of Thor, I marveled. I then ventured through my boots which thankfully were in my backpack. And for the hat, I wasn't quite sure yet. But the most exciting part was the hammer. 

I didn't have a hammer...


So I looked up what kinds of hammers were in Wizard101. There had to be at least one. One was the Galvanic Hammer, which wasn't accessible to me because it was included in a bundle gift card (and really pricey). Browsing other hammers, I came across the Hammer of the Stone Sky. 

Sounds way much better the Galvanic Hammer 


It came to my attention that this wand was actually a crafted item, so I was going to have to acquire the recipe. Oh Merle, I thought. I'm gonna have to do find a heck a lot of reagents and whatnot to craft this thing. Turns out, the recipe wasn't that hard! I only needed some centaur cards, several pristine vials, and a few fossils. 



The crafting station is actually a Grizzlehiem Crafting Station, which is in Hall of the Ice Forge, Northguard, Grizzleheim.  For those who don't know, the recipe can be bought by Ingulf the Grower from Vestrilund, Grizzleheim. Say hi, Ingulf. 

[insert bear greetings]

And with a slight cost of 5,345 gold, I present you the Hammer of the Stone Sky. 

Talon, the Mighty Wizard. 




I fell in love with this outfit and idea. I added a finishing touch of the Arcus mount for the thunderous effect. In the last picture, you can see a winged hat, in which Thor occasionally wears in the comics and movies. 



Eventually, I found out I had a blond long hairstyle in my shared bank that matched Thor's hair.

So here is a rundown list of the items I used.
  • The Hocus Pocus (hairstyle)
  • Vindicator's Helm (hat)
  • Armor of Many Winters (robe)
  • Night King's Sabatons (boots)
  • Hammer of the Stone Sky (wand, 4 Centaurs TC, 8 Ghost Fire, 10 Pristine Vial, 3 Black Pearl, 16 Scales, 9 Fossil)
  • Arcus Mount (mount)

I can encourage all you wizards to try something like this. It was so much fun to find everything and to dress up as my favorite superhero. What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

Thank you for reading. I can gladly say I miss writing blog posting, and it feels great to do it again!

Shelby Rose: Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.
See you in the Spiral!-Thunderblade

4 comments:

  1. Hey if you ever read this... post again! Your blog is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Cheyenne Caster
      Guess I did read your comment. Thanks and hopefully I will post again!

      Delete
  2. Smart idea actually man you do look like Thor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's awesome! You have some talents in creating characters.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, there! Please post nice comments. No profanitiy, bad language, innappropiate material, or any of that stuff. See you in the Spiral! *sweeps bad things away*